Marlborough: Senior Center to host Senior Mobile Market talk
Marlborough – The Senior Mobile Market is a partnership between the United Way of Tri-County’s Marlborough Community Cupboard in partnership with BayPath Elder Services and the City of Marlborough’s Council on Aging. The program is designed to increase the levels of food assistance among homebound seniors through a weekly delivery of fresh and non-perishable groceries right to the senior’s door. A representative from BayPath Elder Services will come to the Marlborough Senior Center Wednesday, Oct. 7, between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., to explain and inform people of all the wonderful services offered.
Registration is not needed. To find out more, stop by the Marlborough Senior Center at 40 New St., or call 508-485-6492.
255 Main Street, Marlborough, MA 01752
It is our mission to provide hunger relief, improve the quality of life, and connect families and neighbors in need to essential services in our community. Our goal is to reduce levels of food insecurity, while strengthening the connections between people and available resources.
- We can provide a warm, welcoming environment for friends and neighbors when they are faced with difficult times.
- Once a month, we connect families and individuals with food from our pantry shelves to last an entire week.
- Our Clothing Section connects parents to household goods and clothing for clients of all ages at no cost, including an entire section with kids' clothes, toys, and more.
- The Book Section will connect parents to books and videos that they may be otherwise unable to afford.
- Donate nonperishable foods to our pantry during our donation hours whenever you can.
- Donate gently used clothing for all ages to our Clothing Section for clients who may not have access to these items.
- Bring your gently used books and videos to our Book Section for parents and caregivers who do not have access to such valuable resources.
- Volunteer with us for a few hours. There’s always something to do! Short-term and long-term opportunities are available. Check out some of our volunteers in action!
- Make a contribution to our Food Security Initiative in rememberance of someone you know.