How To Run a Successful Food Drive
- We'll work with you to determine our most-needed items.
- Make it easy to give.
- Provide grocery bags or carts for food or other donations.
- Decide on a drop-off location.
- Consider offering more than one location for employees to bring their donations if your company is large or has multiple locations.
- We will provide materials to promote your drive (flyers, boxes, brochures).
- Educate everyone about the issue you are addressing and its impact in your community. If people understand the importance of food or other drives, they will be more motivated to give. We receive donations during the holidays, but are also in need of food during the rest of the year, especially during the spring and summer months.
- Set a goal. If this is the first drive you are holding, pick a goal that is challenging but achievable. If you have held previous drives, consider increasing your goal this year. Be sure to post information about the drive in a prominent location and report daily contributions toward reaching your goal.
- Pick a theme or catch slogan.
Theme Examples Slogan Examples - Baby Needs - Pack It In - Seniors' Needs - Take a Bite Out of Hunger - Peanut Butter & Jelly Drive - Stuff a Bus - Chili Fixins Food Drive - Hunger's Heroes - Soup / Chowder Drive - Baby Basics
- Thank your donors. We can provide you with final results and information for your intranet site, employee newsletter, or website.
- Organize Contests. Try to arrange friendly competitions between departments at your organization. Offer prizes (free lunch or a vacation day) to the team that brings in the most donations.
Download the flyer below to share these helpful hints with others!